Preserve, protect, and enhance the natural assets of Marin County for the generations to come by including MCL in your trust or will. MCL's Treasurer will walk you through the process one-on-one. Please contact MCL to schedule a meeting.
Gifts of Stocks or Mutual Funds
MCL uses its Vanguard accounts to receive gifts of stock or mutual funds.
Stock transfer instructions:
STEP 1: In order for us to identify you as the donor, please notify MCL’s Treasurer, Richard Jensen, directly at Jensen9493@sbcglobal.net or 925-246-3081 with the name of the stock and number of shares you intend to transfer, the date of the transfer, and purpose or designation of your gift (Donation to current Operations or Legacy of the Land Endowment.)
STEP 2: Authorize your broker or financial agent to transfer shares to MCL’s brokerage account:
- Receiving firm: VANGUARD Brokerage Services
- VANGUARD Charitable brokerage account number: 76580331
- DTC Clearing Number: 0062
- Further credit to: Marin Conservation League Account Number: 0033-09866709779 for the Legacy of the Land Endowment or 3402-1418 for Operations (please specify).
A charitable bequest is one of the easiest ways you can leave a lasting impact on MCL.
Benefits of an estate gift:
- You leave a lasting legacy for Marin’s environment
- You may receive an estate tax charitable deduction.
- You may reduce the burden of taxes on your family
How an estate gift works:
An estate gift is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of an attorney, you can include language in your will or in your trust specifying a gift to be made to the Marin Conservation League or you can make a gift from your IRA, retirement plan or life insurance by filling out a beneficiary designation form.
Here's how to make an estate gift to MCL:
- Include a bequest to Marin Conservation League Legacy of the Land in your will or revocable trust
- Designate Marin Conservation League Legacy of the Lank as a full, partial or contingent beneficiary of your retirement account (IRA, 401(k), 403(b) or pension)
- Name Marin Conservation League Legacy of the Land as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy.
A gift may be made in several ways:
- Percentage bequest - make a gift of a percentage of your estate
- A gift of a specific dollar amount or a specific asset
- Residual bequest - a gift from the balance or residue of your estate
Contact MCL with any questions.